Working within a freelance consultancy capacity, I was involved with heading an SEO project for The Great Gift Company. TGGC had previously experienced a Google link penalty and decided to move the site to a different domain as rankings and traffic were quickly deteriorating. After several months of operating the site under the new domain, traffic, rankings and e-commerce revenue were still far from where they used to be.
At the time of getting involved in the project, the objectives were clearly apparent:
- Increase organic search traffic in Google.
- Improve rankings across a large number of high volume search terms.
- Increase conversion rates and improve e-commerce revenue.
- Strictly avoid any SEO link building that could incur penalties.
After performing a comprehensive on-site and off-site technical SEO audit, as well as performing in depth keyword and competitor analysis, a strategy was formed that would address the objectives and meet the agreed KPI’s of the client. Some of the main parts of the strategy involved:
- Configure sitemaps and robots.txt to help Google crawl the site.
- Fix internal and external broken links.
- Improve internal link building.
- Implement canonical url’s and pagination.
- Address text to html ratio and thin content.
- Re-write meta titles, meta descriptions and header tags site wide.
- Build category landing pages to help navigation.
- Implement new content marketing strategies.
The results were extensive and impressive and included:
- Organic traffic increased by 1400%.
- Significant Page 1 Google keyword rankings were achieved including ‘unusual gifts’.
- Daily e-Commerce revenue increased 2500%.
Get in touch today about freelance SEO!
I have worked as a freelance SEO consultant and helped many businesses improve their presence in search engines as well as helped them increase the number of online conversions and leads from their websites. Contact me or speak direct on 01200 539069.